Few Interesting Stats & Facts to share with your Friends:
- Apple has over 98,000 employees around the world (Click to Tweet)
- Apple headquarters’ employees earn an average of US$125,000 a year (Click to Tweet)
- Apple iPad’s retina display is actually manufactured by Samsung 😉 (Click to Tweet)
- Apple creates fake projects for new and senior employees to work on. If the project leaks, then they know the source and fire the employee immediately. They don’t trust anyone.
- Apple generate more then US $300,000 per minute, which is $5000+ per second (Click to Tweet)
- Apple has more operating cash than the U.S. Treasury !!! (Click to Tweet)
- Apple Is Worth More Than The Entire Russian Stock Market (Click to Tweet)
- Apple could afford to buy everyone in the United States an iPod Touch and still have money left over. (Click to Tweet)
And many more here:
Click on the image below to see a larger view:
Click here to see all infographics by us
There is hardly any individual on this entire planet who is not familiar with the brand Apple Inc. Carrying a product with a half eaten Apple logo inscribed on it, is enough to turn heads your way. In just 39 years of its life, Apple has become the world’s most valuable brand. The company was started by 3 friends- Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne- on April 1st 1976 and since its inception it was way ahead of its time.
Today the best electronic products in Apple’s huge range of electronic consumer items are Mac laptops, iPods music players, iPhone smart phones and iPad tablet computers. The online services provided by Apple Inc. include iCloud which is an online file storing and sharing service, iTunes Store and App Store. All the Apple products use its in house software OS X and iOS operating systems. The iLife and iWork suites offered by Apple enable you to enhance your creativity and productivity significantly.
Currently, Apple stands at 2nd ranking all over the world in terms of revenue after Samsung Electronics and is the largest tech enterprise all across the globe in terms of Total Assets. Apple is also the third largest mobile phone maker in the entire world and its current evaluation is of $700 billion. These are some mind numbing stats. To put it in layman’s terms, Apple can buy an iPod for every single citizen of United States and will still have money left over.
Apple enjoys the highest level of brand loyalty from its customers and according to a report published in 2014 by Interbrand, Apple is the most valued brand in the entire world. Also, the tech giant’s overall revenue for 2014 came out to be at a staggering figure of US $182 billion.
History of Apple
It might be hard for people to believe but Apple had its fair share of bad decisions and problems of gigantic proportions. In the year 1985, a power struggle brewed between the founder Steve Jobs and then CEO of the company, John Sculley. This led to Jobs resigning from Apple and forming his own company- NeXT Inc.
After that it was a series of bad decisions and the policy of 55 or die (55% profit) led to exponential drop in sales at the Christmas of 1989. The policy started to backfire due to the new DTP programs which started appearing on PC clones that offered same functionality at a far lower price than Apple’s Macintosh series of computers.
Apple lost its monopoly in the market and many of its customers abandoned the brand as they were not able to afford such high priced products. After that Apple introduced Macintosh LC in 1990 and other lower cost models which aw rise in sale but also led to the cannibalization of its higher priced models.
Apple drowned further into losses after getting huge competition from Windows and even tried cutting costs and extensive layoff methods to get back in the playing zone, but all of it was in vain. In 1996 CEO Gil Amelio chose to purchase Next Inc and NeXTSTEP OS and brought back Steve Jobs to Apple. Since then, Apple never looked back to this dark era.
Some Interesting and Fun Facts about Apple
- The current Apple logo is the fifth one officially used by the company. The longest running logo was from 1976-1998 and it was a multicolored version of the logo that you see now.
- Apple was established on the April Fool’s day in 1976.
- Apple is the world’s most valuable brand currently and its followers can be compared to a cult.
- The opening of New York City’s Cube store had a line, half a mile long.
- The line for Tokyo’s Ginza store’s opening consisted of thousands of people and was eight city blocks long.
- All three founders of Apple- Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne- used to work for Atari (an arcade game company) before forming Apple.
- Apple’s recruitment process is so tough that you literally have more chances of getting selected into Harvard University with a full scholarship than to land a job with Apple.
- Apple currently has approximately 98000 employees across the globe.
- The Headquarters of Apple is located at 1, Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California, USA and is spread over 850,000 sq. ft. of area. The yearly remuneration of an average employee working there is $125,000.
- The official Apple Retail stores are only in 15 countries across the globe.
- Apple iPad’s state of the art retina display is originally developed by Samsung Electronics which is the largest competitor of Apple
- Also, 30% of A8 chips which are used in Apple’s iPhone 6 are manufactured by Samsung Electronics. Talk about keeping your enemies close. Eh?
- Samsung sells twice as many phones as Apple but generates approximately same amount of revenue and even lesser profits.
- The ‘i’ in Apple’s device and software stands for ‘Interactive.’
- Apple has a very unique way of finding and terminating the people who leak information about its projects. It creates different fake project for new and senior employees and if the details of these projects get leaked, the responsible persons are tracked down and fired immediately.
- Apple generates more than $300,000 every minute. That means Apple earns about $5000 every second.
- Apple has more operating cash than the entire USA treasury combined and its net worth is more than entire Russian Stock market.
- Did you know that smoking near Apple products voids its warranty? Pretty sure you’ll never light one while working on your Mac again.
- Apple’s software is so sophisticated that an average Mac user spends only 5 hours in an year on troubleshooting whereas an average PC owner spends about 50 hours in an year.
- Apple owns the patent of ‘slide to unlock’ feature and has won a billion dollar copyright case against Samsung for the same.
- Apple is great at spying on its users as well. Everything you say to Siri gets stored on Apple’s servers.
- Apple’s iPhone consumes only US $0.25 worth of electricity per year if it is charged once a day.
- Apple sold more than 470,000 iPhones per day in 2014. That makes it 326 iPhones sold per minute.
- If you use iTunes, you’ve already signed a contract that says you can’t use Apple products for developing nuclear weapons.
- The creator of iPod first pitched the idea to Philips and a few other tech giants but they failed to see its potential. Talk about bad decisions.
List of failed Apple Products
- Macintosh TV
- Mighty Moue
- Apple USB Hockey Puck Mouse
- Apple G4 Cube
- Apple III
- Apple retail store bag
- iPod Shuffle 3rd gen
- 20th Anniversary Mac
- Macintosh Performa